REFLECTIVE WRITING OF UNGS 1201 SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOAL (FIRST)---CLEAN WATER RESOURCES---

  Assalamualaikum everyone, I’m Nur Aishahtul Najah Binti Ghazali (2110252), first year student of Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery of International Islamic University Malaysia and I’m going to share about my assignment which is reflective writing for UNGS 1201, Sustainable Development Goal subject. So, of course, I'm going to share you about reflective writing which related to one of sustainable development goal, which is sixth sustainable development goal, clean water, and sanitation. Before that, I would like to share a little bit about conditions of water resources of Terengganu since this is quite related to my sharing. In my opinion, as far as I know, Terengganu has done a good job distributing the clean water resource to community housing areas as disruption of water supply cases are quite rare in Terengganu when compared to other states. However, in the last month of August, Terengganu was hit by a disruption of water supply incident in most of the city of Terengganu and the Kuala Nerus area where my residential area in Batu Rakit was also affected because of the incident. My family and I were not aware of the situation at that time and lived our daily lives normally where we used to use a lot of water to wash dishes and clothes and clean ourselves without prioritizing water saving at that time. By the evening, we realized the absence of the water and started to panic however luckily my parents had prepared a few bottles of water for sources of ablution and self -cleaning. We started using spray bottles to take ablution water for water saving. Of course, for me at that time it was very difficult to adjust to using a little water but through this event I began to learn more about religion about how Rasulullah took ablution with a little water to save water. 

  According to the SATU department's Facebook page, the authorities have worked together and worked hard to find the main cause of the disruption of water supply and try to explain to the public about the current situation of water resources as people are starting to get panic and unprepared for the lack of water. Some people started giving negative comments about the performance of the authorities who are slow to act and some even understand their situation however I believe the authorities have tried to resolve the issue thoroughly. This problem occurred due to a large water source pipe had burst in the Terengganu River resulting in the water source being cut off. Due to that, the repair of the pipe took a long time for three weeks to complete because new pipes had to be purchased first to be re -installed where the installation also took a long time as this had to be completed by the helmsman at the bottom of the river. The authorities also updated a lot on the progress of their situation by sending videos of pipeline work in the big river to make it easier for people to understand their current situation. My family was looking for a way to survive in the water shortage situation by reopening the well water source behind my house. At that time, my family and I worked together to transport water into the house to get a source of water for daily life where this had a great impact on my family because my family members usually spent less time together even though we were not busy with daily work. However, I could feel that this situation not only taught me to save water and appreciate it, but this event also strengthened the family relationship between our family members in solving this problem. I am worried about the extension of the water shortage period but at the same time, I am thankful to Allah SWT for giving me this opportunity to spend more time with my family. After three weeks, the problem of disruption of water supply is over and our family began to learn to be careful in the use of water, especially in the use of water for domestic needs. We are also preparing to fill water into bottles for initial preparation in case of further water shortage and unfortunately, the disruption of water supply happened again due to the same problem which was caused by the same broken pipe installed in the river. However, this time the situation is not the same as before for our family because we are ready to face the situation physically and mentally because of our daily practice that is accustomed to the practice of saving water resources in our homes.

   Therefore, I would like to invite people to practice water saving no matter where we are because the world's water resources can be depleted at any time without us realizing it. Saving water can also shape a person who is grateful for the blessings that Allah SWT has given along with practicing the teachings of Rasulullah SAW to always be modest and careful in the use of the blessings of Allah SWT. That's all from me. Thank you very much for spending your time reading my essay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflective Writing of Sustainable Development Goal---Quality Education---

COVID-19 (Individual Assignment)